Saturday 4 October 2014

Book Talk: Legend by Marie Lu

     One word: AWESOME. As some (or none) of you may know, Marie Lu is going here in the Philippines on November 23 and since I've been planning to read this book for a long time, I decided to do so before the signing.


     I have never regretted not reading a book so much in my whole life. The story is about Day, a very famous criminal and June, the Republic's darling who is the only person who got a perfect score on her Trial. Something happened which infuriated June and which resulted to her hunting down Day. The story is fast paced and boring parts are very rare. It's very thrilling and I stayed up late just to finish this book. I can feel my heart pounding every time I read this and I often find myself pausing so I can calm myself down a little bit. The story itself is very interesting and you'll never be able to guess what will happen next because of the plot twists. The characters themselves are very distinct and have their own sets of personalities that you'll either really love or really hate (there is no in between). This book will keep you on the edge of your seat and you will not be able to sleep because you'll be too curious to know what happens next. At least in my experience. The story flows smoothly and I didn't find any holes in it as I did with some of my other books. I will recommend this to everyone and anyone who likes thrilling stories as much as I do or if you just want to read something good, then this book will definitely satisfy your "book craving", as I call it. 

You can check National Book Store's Facebook page if you're from the Philippines and want to go to the signing.


Cheerio and DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment