Tuesday 28 October 2014

Book Talk: The Iron Trial by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black

     Holy sh** you guys. I just finished this recently and my mind has been blown to pieces. I absolutely love Cassandra Clare and Holly Black's separate works so when I found out that they're going to be collaborating on a new series soon, I just had to have it.


     People have been saying that this is just like Harry Potter but let me tell you one thing: IT IS NOT LIKE HARRY POTTER. There are some similar factors like the fact that they are a trio but no important stuff like the story, characters, etc. It didn't really grip me in the first few pages but once you get into the information you had to know, you will stay up late just to finish it. The characters are distinct and (this may get spoilery) I guess this is an example of one of those stories that people like of the antagonists and how or why they became what they are. Of course, we are not sure if Callum would actually embrace his Enemy of Death-ness but it is like one of those things where we can see how every choice he makes is vital on whether he would be a good guy or a bad guy. This is only the first book and yet, a lot has been revealed already. I'm so excited to read the second book because there are still a lot of questions left unanswered and I would really like to know the answers to the questions I have. I would also like to see whether Call would accept that he is the Enemy or if he would stick to being the friend of the Makar. It's so interesting to see what would happen because if he does accept his real identity, he would have to fight with Aaron which is his best friend. I would really like to know the outcome of this and if someone can give me the second book now, I will be really grateful. Just kidding. Not really.

That is all.

I will be making a book talk about The End Game: The Calling by James Frey soon so watch out for that.


 
Cheerio and DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment