Monday 26 January 2015

Book Talk: Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard


     I've been hearing a lot of things about this book lately and I've managed to get myself an ARC (advanced reader copy). I thought this is going to be boring because I went into this book knowing nothing at all and I thought that it's going to be like Game of Thrones. It kind of has a The Selection vibe at first but then, something happened and it gets so much better. The story is about a world that is divided into two: the Reds and the Silvers. Their bloods have different colors which are red and silver hence the names. The Silvers have abilities or powers, as some of you may call them, and they rule over the Reds. The Reds are treated as slaves due to their lack of abilities. I'm not going to say more because as I've said before, I read this completely blind and so, I got surprised at every turn. The story is unique and the details are amazing. The characters are all lovable as well and the author mentioned some characters who didn't do anything but I think they're going to be important in the other books. The world is amazing as well, with walls made of diamonds and a lot of other things. Do you know what the best part is? The huge plot twist that happened.I wasn't able to put this down and I finished reading it in a day. This is the kind of book that will give you heart palpitations and keep you up at night, reading, wanting to know what happens next. 

     This will be available on February 10, 2015.

p.s. I've heard that Universal Pictures already bought the option to the film adaptation.

Cheerio and DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment