Friday 23 January 2015

Book Talk: Horrorstor by Grady Hendrix


          I've read this awhile ago and this has been the first time that I've encountered a book like this. I've watched Youtube videos discussing this book and they said that it looks like an IKEA catalogue and I didn't believe them because how can a book look like a furniture catalogue? So I bought it and then read it. The book cover is very entertaining. The book has flaps and there is a map on them of the furniture store itself. To match the theme, each chapter of the book is divided with a furniture and as the story goes on, the furniture goes into transition and near the end of the book, they're showing torture devices and I think that the technique that they did was amazing and really fits the story. 

     I expected a lot from this book so I got let them when I actually read it. The story is kind of cliche and some of the things that happened are overused but the supporting characters are very enjoyable and funny. The protagonist easily gets scared and is always serious so I did not get attached to her. The story is a bit slow for me and the events didn't really scare me or gave me the creeps as much as I think the author is trying to impose to his readers. Something happened to the protagonist near the end of the book that I think was uncalled for and only made her look like a wimp.

I give this book 3 stars.

Cheerio and DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment