Thursday 4 December 2014

Book Talk: The Ring and The Crown by Melissa De La Cruz

     To be honest, I was a bit skeptical about this book before because I'm not really into the really girly books. Don't get me wrong though, I love stories about royals or something like it but it's hard to find a good book like that so I delayed reading this. I was wrong.

     This book surprised me so much that I squealed or made a sound of some sort, more than I normally do, while reading the book. I haven't heard a lot about it from my friends but I know that it got a lot of hype when it came out and it did not disappoint and lived up to the hype it had received. The blurb on the back was very misleading. I don't know what they wrote in the back of paperbacks but the one on the hardbacks will make you imagine scenes or the story and let me tell you right now that if you think you know what this book is about before you've even read it, you're wrong. It's good to go into this book blind because there are a ton of plot twists.

     It may take time to get used to it though because the point of views changes a lot between a lot of characters and it may take a while to know them. Some parts were dramatic and scandalous (in their world not ours, don't worry) but it made the story even better. The romance part of the book is very confusing not because the writing is unclear but because there's a lot of that going on. The love thing they have are all messy and tangled up so you won't ever be able to guess what will happen next.

     Now, we'll talk about the magic part. I didn't even know there's magic involved in this book. The sorcerers are amazing and they made the book even better than it was. Some parts were a bit draggy but they were building up to something and the author managed to deliver that well. The ending seems a bit rushed to me but my OTP got together in the end and that's all that matters.

Can someone please tell me when The Queen and The Courtesan is coming out?


Cheerio and DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment